Allegiant Airlines Pet Policy
Airlines is a pet friendly airline and welcomes passengers to travel with their pets. To do so,
passengers must comply with their rules and regulations pertaining to pet travel via air.
Airlines permits small live animals/pets in the aircraft cabin within the 48 border-sharing
United States. Travel to international destinations and U.S. territories do not accept all
Here are few things you must know before flying with your pet in the cabin:
- Only dogs and cats are permitted in the cabin.
- A non-refundable fee of $50 USD per segment per carrier will apply for all pets being transported.
- Each passenger can only have one pet
- Pets must be at least 8 weeks old to travel.
- Pets must remain inside their carrier when at the airport terminal and while on the aircraft. Pet animals must
be only handled by their owners/travellers.
- Passengers who do not comply with this rule may be denied boarding.
- Pet carriers/kennels must remain under the seat during taxi, take-off, and landing.
- All pet animals must be harmless, odorless, and non-disruptive.
- All pets must be fit before travelling, free of any illness or mental/physical distress.
- Pets must be comfortable in their carrier and should have no body parts exceeding the limits of their carrier.
Pets must be able to stand up, turn around, and lay down comfortably inside their carrier.
- Passengers with pets may not be seated in an exit row, one row before/after an exit row or occupy a seat in the
- Passengers with pets must check in with an Allegiant agent at the ticket counter or gate counter at least one
hour before departure to ensure pets and pet carriers are compliant with the issued guidelines.
their safety, there are certain guidelines regarding the carrier in which your pet
pets must travel in a soft-sided or hard-sided enclosed leak-proof carrier.
carrier may be no larger than 9”H x 16”W x 19”D.
carrier must close fully to contain the pet within.
more than two pets are allowed per carrier.
regulations limit each passenger to a maximum of 2 items carried on the aircraft. A passenger may travel
with a pet and a personal item or a paid carry-on, but not both.
extra items will be checked, transported in the cargo area and checked fees are
non-refundable fee of $50 USD per segment per carrier will apply for all pets being
health certificate is not required for journeys within the U.S.A.
Airlines does not permit pets to travel as cargo.